By Jenni Marsh—
MUNCIE, IN—In compiling this year’s annual report, our team was amazed by the extraordinary impact Heart of Indiana United Way was able to achieve over the past year—thanks to:
• Donors—there were 3,350 of them!
• Volunteers—1,306 volunteers gave their time and talent!
• Champions—used their voice to advocate for neighbors and friends!
Our mission has always been to fight for the health, education, and financial stability of every person. Our commitment to fostering stronger, healthier, and more vibrant communities remains unwavering. Each day, we strive to bring about positive change by connecting people, pooling resources, and addressing the most pressing needs of our communities.
Together, we created lasting and meaningful connections that uplift and impact the lives of those we serve. By working together, we amplified our reach and extended our support to even more people and families across the Heart of Indiana. Thanks to you, donors, volunteers, and champions we expanded our programs into more communities and made a difference in more lives!
Your support helped:
- Our children through multiple United Way “Read and Achieve” programs. We were able to invest $525,000 in 12 programs. We expanded our service territory for Dolly Parton’s Imagination Library to include all five counties. We enriched more young minds in Delaware and Madison counties by hosting more Summer Book Give-Away events and bringing back the popular Blast Off to Kindergarten event.
- Financially struggling families move from living paycheck to paycheck to finding long-term financial stability. We were able to invest $612,000 in 13 THRIVE Network Partners as well as offer valuable training for THRIVE Coaches.
- Safety net services help families in crisis meet basic needs like food, shelter, rent, childcare and utilities. $424,000 was invested in 22 programs. In addition, direct-service staff had access to trainings to help them feel equipped to deal with the trauma and struggle their clients face.
- Expand our successful Covering Kids and Families work that has been happening in Madison County to now include serving Henry and Fayette counties, too.
- It is estimated that United Way donors, volunteers, and champions contributed to almost 17,000 people’s lives last year! As our work continued to evolve to meet the needs of our communities, you donors and volunteers have been steadfast contributors to your friends’ and neighbors’ success.
As we reflect on the past year at Heart of Indiana United Way, we must also acknowledge the financial challenges that have tested us. Economic uncertainty, rising costs, and a tough economy undoubtedly impacted us all, including many of our cherished donors and partners. In response, we have remained agile and resourceful. We understand the importance of financial stewardship, and our team has worked diligently to optimize our efforts, ensuring every dollar is maximized to its fullest potential.
We are profoundly grateful to all who, despite their own difficulties, continued to support our mission during this challenging last year. Your unwavering dedication has been nothing short of remarkable and is making a difference in the Heart of Indiana region. We firmly believe that with your continued support, we can overcome any obstacle and emerge stronger and more united than ever before.
Thank you for being the heartbeat of Heart of Indiana United Way. Together, we will continue to create lasting heart-to-heart connections and expand our impact to touch more lives, even in the face of adversity.
To find out more and to contribute to the 2023 Heart of Indiana United Way Campaign, visit HeartOfIndianaUnitedWay.org/give.
Listen to Jenni’s interview with Steve Lindell on WMUN radio. The broadcast was on September 14th. Push the play button below to listen.
Jenni Marsh is president & CEO of Heart of Indiana United Way serving Madison, Delaware, Henry, Randolph, and Fayette Counties. She can be reached at jmarsh@HeartOfIndiana.org or 765-896-5902. Learn more about Heart of Indiana United Way at https://HeartOfIndianaUnitedWay.org/.