By Jenny Yarbrough, Board of Directors, WIBU—
MUNCIE, IN—Women In Business Unlimited, WIBU, has announced nominations are open for three categories for the 2023 ATHENA Leadership Awards.
Nominees for the ATHENA Leadership Award and Young Professional Award are leaders or emerging leaders who:
- Demonstrate excellence, creativity and initiative in their business or profession
- Provide valuable service to improve the quality of life for others in their community
- Serve as a role model for young women both personally and professionally
Nominees for the ATHENA Organizational Leadership Award are businesses and organizations that:
- Create an organizational culture that encourages women employees to achieve their full leadership potential
- Give back to the larger community of women and girls by providing and/or supporting leadership development opportunities and initiatives
The ATHENA Leadership Awards is a global recognition program. Almost 8,000 leaders have been recognized in over 500 locations in the US and other countries. Award recipients include university presidents, a NASA astronaut, human rights advocates, Olympic gold medalists, high-ranking military leaders, a US Supreme Court Justices, and Secretary of State.
Nominations deadline September 22, 2023. Visit https://www.wibumuncie.org/2023-athena-catalyst/
Join WIBU on November 15th from 11:30 a.m.-1 p.m. at Horizon Convention Center for the annual ATHENA Awards Luncheon to celebrate all of the 2023 ATHENA nominees.
About Women in Business Unlimited
Women in Business Unlimited is an organization dedicated to providing networking opportunities for women of Muncie and East Central Indiana. WIBU provides professional development programming, creates opportunities for meaningful exchanges to occur among women, and increases the community’s awareness of the contributions women make in East Central Indiana. To learn more about WIBU, visit wibumuncie.org.