By: Sherri Contos, Executive Director, Muncie Arts & Culture Council—
Muncie, IN—The Muncie Arts and Culture Council (MACC) in conjunction with the City of Muncie, would like to announce the 2017 Mayor’s Arts Awards to be presented September 26, 2017. The Mayor’s Arts Awards are the most prestigious honors conferred by the city on individual artists, teachers, nonprofit organizations and patrons of the arts. Nominations are now being accepted.
Nomination forms are available at this direct link: http://munciearts.org, by email request at email@example.com, or at the following locations: MACC office in the Rose Court building (125 E. Charles Street; Suite 202), Mayor’s Suite at City Hall, the Community Foundation of Muncie and Delaware County, Gordy Fine Art and Framing, Minnetrista information desk, Cornerstone Center for the Arts information desk, and select locations throughout downtown Muncie. Nominations will be accepted through August 11, 2017. Nominations are being accepted in the following categories:
• Arts Advocate – an individual or organization whose strong support of the arts has been ongoing through philanthropic and/or volunteer service
• Arts Leader – an arts professional or organization who has demonstrated outstanding leadership, organizational stewardship and partnership within the local arts community
• Arts Educator – an individual whose achievements and contributions to arts education have been significant and far reaching
• Corporate Arts – a business/corporation that shows exemplary support of the arts, artists, and arts organizations within the Muncie area
• Artist in the Community – an individual artist (in any discipline) recognized for artistic excellence and singular efforts in contributing to Muncie’s cultural vitality
• Next Generation Artist – a working artist/craftsman (in any discipline) under the age of 40 who has demonstrated outstanding promise and commitment to the arts community
• Maker – a local, for-profit business owner who exemplifies the impact and vitality of Muncie’s creative economy
• Lifetime Achievement – an individual or organization recognized for significant and sustained contributions to the field of arts and culture in the Muncie area
Nominations will be reviewed and awardees selected by a panel of community members, including representatives from the arts and business worlds. Awardees will be honored at the Mayor’s Arts Awards Reception, September 26, 2017 at Cornerstone Center for the Arts.
The 2017 Mayor’s Arts Awards are being made possible through support from the Muncie Arts and Culture Council, the City of Muncie, and Presenting Sponsor— Old National Bank.
CleanCut Lawn and Landscape is this month’s sponsor of non-profit stories found on MuncieJournal.com Locally owned for over 32 years, CleanCut is your dependable, knowledgeable landscape company. CleanCut Lawn & Landscape. A better lawn. A better life!