By: Michelle Kinsey—
WIPB-TV will have its first Be My Neighbor Day, Saturday, September 12 from 1–4 p.m. at Canan Commons in downtown Muncie.
Based on the popular PBS KIDS animated program, “Daniel Tiger’s Neighborhood,” and with a nod to the classic “Mister Rogers’ Neighborhood,” this FREE family event will focus on the importance of being a good neighbor.
Be My Neighbor Day events include:
- A neighborhood map guide to visit booths where the Muncie community’s great neighbors “live.” Participate in fun activities while learning about ways to give back through volunteering, supporting the arts, and helping those in need.
- Self-photo opportunties with PBS KIDS characters like SuperWhy, and Buddy the Dinosaur, as they visit the neighborhood, or be the “I” in the “One Muncie” sign.
- Visit members of local police and fire departments with their vehicles.
- Listen, and dance to feature performer Ruditoonz, a fun, creative, musician kids (and parents) are sure to enjoy. The Muncie Symphony’s Together in Music program will also perform a selection of toddler-friendly tunes.
- Food trucks will be on-site with a variety of savory items.
- Parade kicks off Be My Neighbor Day at 1 p.m. with Daniel Tiger, Ruditoonz, and other special guests. Attendees are encouraged to join in the parade.
Be My Neighbor Day is made possible with help from PrimeTrust Federal Credit Union, with additional support from Community Hospital Anderson, Hudson Printing, Leland C. Wilhoite, D.D.S., Downtown Development Partnership and the City of Muncie.
Michelle Kinsey is the Community Engagement Coordinator for WIPB-TV and IPR.
Visit www.wipb.org for additional information.