By: Angie Rogers-Howell—
Final preparations are being made for the 2016 Catalyst for Empowering Women Symposium Featuring the ATHENA Awards Luncheon. (See video below.)
This event will begin with breakfast and networking at 8:30 with breakout sessions following immediately thereafter. At 11:30 AM, we will host the ATHENA Awards Luncheon. During this luncheon, our twenty-three (23) nominee will be honored and the recipients of the 2016 ATHENA Awards will be announced. Following the luncheon, we will have an incredible Panel Discussion featuring local business professionals to discuss some positive as well as challenging aspects women face in the workforce.
The event will be held Wednesday, November 16th from 8am to 3pm at the Horizon Convention Center.
The full event schedule is listed below. More information on the event, speakers, nominees, as well as registration information can be found at www.wibumuncie.org.
- 8:00 – 8:30 Registration and Networking
- 8:30 – 9:00 Continental Breakfast, Networking, and Welcome
- 9:00 – 10:15 Breakout Session One
- 10:30 – 11:45 Breakout Session Two
- 11:30 – 12:00 Luncheon Only Registration
- 12:00 – 1:30 ATHENA Awards Presentation, luncheon, and keynote
- 1:45 – 2:45 Panel Discussion with local business professionals
Breakout Session Information:
- “Game Changers: Tools to Build Emotional Resiliency”
- Presented ByL Marti MacGibbon, Keynote Presenter
- “Filing the Gap: Using the right tools to fill the gaps in YOUR Carreer and THEIR Results”
- Presented By: Amber Stocks, WNBA Coach
- “What The F: Feminisim is Not a Dirty Word”
- Presented By: Peggy Cenova, IN SBDC; Kaitlin Davis, Meridian Health Services; WaTasha Barnes Griffin, YWCA of Muncie
- “5 Behaviors of a Cohesive Team”
- Presented By: Mitch Isaacs, Shafer Leadership Academy
For more information on the Catalyst for Empowering Women Symposium and the ATHENA awards luncheon visit www.wibumuncie.org/athena