By: Karen Loyd—
Women in Business Unlimited (WIBU), an organization dedicated to providing networking opportunities for business women of East Central Indiana, would like your help finding and honoring individuals who have demonstrated professional excellence, community service and actively assists women in their attainment of professional excellence and leadership skills.
Do you know an individual who strives toward the highest levels of personal and professional accomplishment? Who also excels in their chosen field, devotes time and energy within their community and helps forge paths of leadership for other women to follow? If so, you have the opportunity to honor them, by submitting them for one of four ATHENA Awards.
Nominees will be honored and award recipients will be announced at the Catalyst for Empowering Women Symposium & Athena Awards Luncheon on Wednesday, November 16th, 2016 at the Horizon Convention Center in Muncie, IN.
The four awards WIBU is seeking nominations for and their criteria are:
ATHENA Young Professional Leadership Award
- Demonstrate excellence, creativity and initiative in her business or profession.
- Provides valuable service to improve the quality of life for others in her community.
- Clearly serves as a role model for young women both personally and professionally.
ATHENA Leadership Award
- Demonstrate excellence, creativity and initiative in their business or profession.
- Provide valuable service to improve the quality of life for others in the Muncie-Delaware County community.
- Actively assist women in achieving their full leadership potential.
ATHENA Organizational Leadership Award
- Creates an organization culture that encourages women employees to achieve their full leadership potential.
- Gives back to the larger community of women and girls by providing and/or supporting leadership development opportunities and initiatives.
2016 Lifetime Achievement Award
- A women of widespread and ongoing influence, who is recognized as a leader.
- A women of exceptional accomplishment, whose achievements display a high level of excellence.
- A women of exemplary character, who shows a commitment to the highest values.
- A women of endurance, who overcomes barriers and exhibits long-term courage and perseverance.
The deadline for submission is September 30th, 2016. Nomination forms can be downloaded at www.wibumuncie.org/athena/nominate-for-athena/ . You may submit your nomination by mail, email or personal delivery. Mail to: Women in Business Unlimited, PO Box 556 Muncie, IN 47308 (must arrive by September 30th, 2016). Email: ATHENA@wibumuncie.org. Hand Deliver: Drop off to Angie Rogers-Howell at the Innovation Connector, 1208 West White River Blvd, Suite 126 Muncie, IN.
For more information on WIBU visit www.wibumuncie.org
For more information on the Catalyst for Empowering Women Symposium and the ATHENA awards luncheon visit www.wibumuncie.org/athena