By: Eunice Whitlock—
The Community Foundation of Muncie & Delaware County, Inc. is awarding $60,555 to nine nonprofit organizations from the Maxon Foundation Fund.
The Maxon Foundation Fund was established when assets of The Maxon Foundation were transferred to The Community Foundation of Muncie and Delaware County, Inc. The Maxon Foundation was originally established by Maxon Corporation and the founding family as a way to give back to the community and support worthy causes in Delaware County. The Maxon Foundation Fund generally awards grants to organizations and programs that support at-risk children and families in Delaware County.
- A Better Way Services, Inc. received $6,500 to defray the cost of children’s services and to purchase needed baby care items.
- Back To School Teachers Store received $5,600 to purchase supplies for the store including a newly formed sensory lending library.
- Christian Ministries of Delaware County received $5,000 to expand the emergency assistance program for utility deposits.
- Delaware County BY5 Early Childhood Initiative received $5,000 to support the Ready Set Read Program, which provides pop-up reading and language enrichment sessions throughout the community.
- Habitat for Humanity received $5,000 to defray the cost of building projects in the South Central Neighborhood.
- Harvest Soup Kitchen received $13,455 to purchase food storage equipment in order to retain more fresh food for consumption.
- Motivate Our Minds received $10,000 to provide educational after-school programming for at-risk children.
- Muncie-Delaware County Chamber of Commerce received $5,000 to offer FAFSA workshops for high school seniors and their families in Delaware County.
- Unity Center, Inc. received $5,000 to defray the cost of expanding operations for the Fit Kids program and Media-Smart Youth program.
For information on how to apply for Maxon Fund Grants, visit our website at www.cfmdin.org or contact Suzanne Kadinger, Vice President at 765-747-7181 or firstname.lastname@example.org. The next deadline for nonprofit organizations to apply for a Maxon Fund Grant is July 31, 2016.
Eunice Whitlock, is the Communications Administrator for The Community Foundation of Muncie and Delaware County