By: Holly Juip—
Muncie, IN—United Way fights for the financial stability of every person in every community and is committed to supporting programs that allow people to thrive. United Way of Delaware, Henry & Randolph Counties is partnering with AARP Tax Aides and Yorktown Kiwanis to provide in-person tax assistance so people can easily and accurately file their taxes to get the refunds they deserve. People can also file their own taxes for free anytime at: MyFreeTaxes.com. MyFreeTaxes is the only free, national, online tax filing product offered by a non-profit.
Households with income of $66,000 or less in 2019 may file in-person with a trained volunteer at one of these sites:
AARP Tax-Aide Program (Sessions run through 4-15-2020):
- Tuesdays from 10 a.m.-2 p.m. — Eden Church, 11205 N. St. Rd. 3, Muncie, IN 47303
- Wednesdays from 10 a.m.-3 p.m. — Maring-Hunt Library, 2005 S. High St., Muncie, IN 47302
- Thursdays from 12 p.m.-4 p.m. — Muncie-Delaware County Senior Center, 2517 W. Eighth St., Muncie, IN 47302
- Fridays from 10 a.m.-3 p.m. — Muncie-Delaware County Senior Center, 2517 W. Eighth St., Muncie, IN 47302
- Fridays from 10 a.m.-3 p.m. — Maring-Hunt Library, 2005 S. High St., Muncie, IN 47302
- Saturdays from 10 a.m.-2 p.m. — Ross Community Center, 1110 W 10th St., Muncie, IN 47302
Yorktown Kiwanis Club (Feb. 3, 12, 20 Mar. 4, 19, Apr 2, 2020) by appointment only at Yorktown Town Hall- 9312 W. Smith St., Yorktown, IN 47396. For appointments, call Ed Armantrout at 765-749-4354.
Regardless of household income in 2019, people may file online at MyFreeTaxes.com For more than a decade, United Way has helped people easily and accurately file their federal and state taxes through MyFreeTaxes. Users can file simple federal and up to three simple state returns for free. The MyFreeTaxes filing software, provided by industry leader H&R Block, uses best-in-class standards to safeguard taxpayer information and guarantees your maximum return and 100% accuracy. MyFreeTaxes is optimized for access via computer, tablet or smart phone. Over 1.2 million people nationwide have used MyFreeTaxes, bringing over $1.7 billion in refunds back to our local communities.
For more information visit InvitedToLiveUnited.org/tax-prep.
About United Way of Delaware and Henry Counties
United Way of Delaware and Henry Counties focusing resources on education, health, and financial stability. The non-profit fights to create lasting change in community conditions. With its bold goal to reach grade-level reading by 2024, United Way works to help children read at or above grade level by the end of their third-grade year. Learn more at invitedtoliveunited.org.