By: Jamie Faulkner—
Muncie, IN—MutualBank is proud to announce the upgrade of their company-wide wellness initiative from a 3-Star AchieveWELL workplace to a 4-Star AchieveWELL organization by the Wellness Council of Indiana. MutualBank’s advancement to 4-Star is a direct result of the company’s continued support of wellness, not just in the physical health areas, but also in professional development, community involvement, and employee engagement. The 4-Star promotion relied on several measurable factors as laid out by the Wellness Council of Indiana. These include:
- Demonstrated proof of specific program(s) addressing chronic disease management issues
- Demonstrated proof that wellness initiative is focused on all dimensions of well-being and not exclusively on reducing costs
- Must have a minimum of five programmed activities for employees ongoing throughout the year
- Demonstrated evidence of community involvement
- Documentation of increased awareness toward safety, ergonomics and/or corporate risk mitigation
- Must show proof of start date of wellness initiative and have completed 24 months of continuous program activity
- Onsite evaluation will be conducted, and the workplace wellness assessment will be the guideline for the evaluation
According to the Wellness Council of Indiana website, “AchieveWELL is an assessment and evaluation of your workplace wellness initiative to determine which organizations are the best in class for programming and organizational health.
Being recognized as one of the healthiest workplaces in Indiana offers a significant competitive advantage to recruiting and retaining your best employees. Healthiest workplaces gain additional advantages with better health outcomes, lower absenteeism, and higher productivity.”
MutualBank joins the ranks of other 4-Star Indiana companies such as City of South Bend, Decatur County Memorial Hospital, Gibson, Henriott Group, Hylant, Mursix Corporation, Unified Group Services, and Walker Information. The ranking process is managed by the Wellness Council of Indiana, and designated companies are celebrated at the annual Indiana Health and Wellness Summit.
MutualFirst Financial, Inc. is the parent company of MutualBank, an Indiana-based financial institution since 1889. MutualBank has twenty-seven full-service retail financial centers in Allen, Delaware, Elkhart, Grant, Kosciusko, Randolph, St. Joseph and Wabash Counties in Indiana. MutualBank has two offices located in Fishers and Crawfordsville, Indiana specializing in wealth management and trust services and a loan origination office in New Buffalo, Michigan. MutualBank also operates a wholly owned subsidiary named Summit Mortgage which operates out of Fort Wayne, Indiana. MutualBank provides a full range of financial services including commercial and business banking, personal banking, wealth management, trust services, access to investments* and internet banking services. The Company’s stock is traded on the NASDAQ National Market under the symbol “MFSF.” Additional information can be found online at www.bankwithmutual.com.